Thursday, 28 November 2013

Games of the Week - 23rd-24th November

This week my games of the week are, sorry should be six games but there has been a lot of technical issues with the blog recently:

  1. West Brom vs Aston Villa  (Premier League)
  2. Hearts vs Ross County (Scottish Premiership)
  3. Dundee United vs Partick Thistle (Scottish Premiership)

West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa

The Hawthorns, Attendance 24902

Aston Villa did not have a good start to the game as Shane Long caught out the Villa defence and his shot from the edge of the box found it's way past Guzan. Long made it 2-0, only 8 minutes later as Bacuna's pass was intercepted by Long, who took a shot from the edge of the box which hit the underside of the crossbar. Seven minutes later West Brom could have made it 3-0 as Sessengnon did not controlled the ball that had came into the six yard box and sent it wide. However, Aston Villa showed great heart and determination to keep the score as it was before half time. The Villians started the second half "all guns blazing" and almost scored on 58 minutes when Weimann's shot was saved by Myhill and the save just pushed the ball wide for a corner. On 66 minutes, Villa finally got the goal they deserved as Bacuna's cross was headed on by Weimann to El Ahmadi who put the ball in the net to get Villa back in the game. Nine minutes later, a half cleared cross fell to Westwood who smashed the ball from 25 yards to give Aston Villa an important point for a deserved draw.
MoTM: Weimann

Heart of Midlothian 2-2 Ross County

Tynecastle Stadium, Attendance 12508

After 22 minutes a bad pass by Tapping gave Carey a clean sight of goal which gave County the lead in Edinburgh. Paterson's half-volley gave Hearts the equaliser six minutes later. Five minutes after half time De Leuuw gave County the lead again after Gary Glen's pass to the Dutchman who fired it home from 15 yards. Fourteen minutes later Richie Brittain was booked for a second time as he halved Jamie Walker outside his own box. For Ross County it looked like their resilience had payed off in them getting all three points but one minute from time Danny Wilson's header deflected off Brian McLean to give Hearts a vital point in their relegation struggle.
MoTM: Jamie McDonald

Dundee United 4-1 Partick Thistle

Tannadice Park, Attendance 6700

Dundee United started the game with a bang as within 80 seconds Ryan Gauld's run from the halfway line led to his pass which was perfectly timed given Mackay-Steven an easy goal from 17 yards out. Dundee United came close again after 25 minutes when Gary Mackay-Steven's chip was cleared off the line by Aaron Muirhead, but he had broke the net so there had to be a six minute stoppage of play to fix the problem with the net. It was on 56 minutes when Ross Forbes cross hit John Souttar's hand and a penalty was awarded. Aaron Muirhead converted the penalty to equalise. It was only 13 minutes later when Ryan Gauld's through ball to Andrew Robertson who slotted it home to give United the lead again. It was from here on in that Partick lost their discipline as four minutes later Conrad Balatoni - that's Balatoni not Ballotelli - halved Mackay-Steven and was booked for a second time. Two minutes later, Gauld's through ball to Mackay-Steven who slotted the ball past Scott Fox. With five minutes to go, Dundee United sealed the win when Ryan Gauld gave Brian Graham a through ball who beat the keeper from twelve yards. With one minute to go Stuart Bannigan was sent off for halving Mackay-Steven.

MoTM: Ryan Gauld, who is definitely worth £6 million.


No comments: