Thursday, 7 November 2013

Games of the week 2nd-3rd November

Sorry, this week I have had a technical problem getting the highlights and I could only get Scottish Premiership matches. Should be fixed for next week.

  1. Celtic vs Dundee United (Scottish Premiership)
  2. St Mirren vs Ross County (Scottish Premiership)

Celtic 1-1 Dundee United

Celtic Park, Attendance: 47568

The game started out fairly even with Celtic producing the first chance on 3 minutes with a cross from Commons being headed away by 17 year-old half-back John Souttar before finding Stokes who's shot was headed away by Souttar. Nine minutes later, Mark Wilson's cross found Brian Graham who's header was saved by Forster. On 37 minutes, John Rankin's run which ended up in him leading the ball to Graham, resulted in Graham passing to Nadir Ciftci who's chip gave Stuart Armstrong a 1-on-1 with Forster who rounded the Wannabe England Number 1 to give Dundee United the lead. Just before half time, Mulgrew's free kick which was punched away by Cierniak fell to Van Djik who's shot was headed off the line by a defender. At the start of the second half Andrew Robertson's through ball almost gave Stuart Armstrong a chance to make it 2-0. A golden chance for Dundee United to finish Celtic off came in the 63rd minute when Nadir Ciftci's cross found the head of Graham in the box, who headed the ball onto his knee and squandered the perfect opportunity to start his goal tally at Dundee United. As United learned against Inverness the game is not over until it is over. In the 92nd minute a cross came, for Celtic, from Izzaguire which found Mulgrew who headed the ball in to make it 1-1 and did not let Dundee United get their fist win at Parkhead since Boxing Day 1992. 

MoTM: John Rankin

St Mirren A-A Ross County

St Mirren Park, Game Abandoned due to Waterlogged Pitch

The Buddies almost opened the scoring early on with a Paul McGowan shot hitting the crossbar. St Mirren opened the scoring with Paul McGowan finding a way through the Chaos  in the wet box to give the Buddies the lead. The second goal came just after the first with John McGinn's through ball finding Steven Thompson who was clean through and made it 2-0. The Conditions continued to get worse and after 51 minutes the referee decided to take the players off the pitch, soon after a decision was made to abandon the game. 
Do you think this was the right decision, tell me your opinions in the comments below.

No comments: