Saturday, 16 November 2013

Games of the Week - 9-10th Nov

Here are the games of the week for the week commencing 9th November:

  1. Chelsea vs West Brom (Premier League)
  2. Bristol Rovers vs York City (FA Cup 1st Round)
  3. Aberdeen vs Hearts (Scottish Premiership)

Chelsea 2-2 West Brom

Stamford Bridge, Attendance 41623

Chelsea opened the scoring just before half time when Hazard's shot was not cleared and Eto'o was given the easiest goal he will ever score. West Brom did not bow down as on the hour mark as Cech's save came to Long who was able to equalise despite the melee in the box. West Brom were not settling for a point; as 8 minutes later Sessengon's shot looked like it was an easy save but somehow it squirmed past Cech to give Steve Clarke's men the lead. After Chelsea's numerous attacks it looked like West Brom had pulled off a unlikely win at Stamford Bridge; but in the 95th minute Ramieres' obvious dive was given as a penalty and unfortunately for West Brom, Hazard went up to take the penalty and scored to give Chelsea an important point.

MoTM: Ridgewell

Bristol Rovers 3-3 York City

Memorial Stadium, Attendance 4654

The visitors took the lead after 35 minutes when Ryan Jarvis' right foot shot found its way in. Their lead did not last long as two minutes later when Mildenhall's free kick was whipped in Richard's was able to get on the end of it to equalise to make it 1-1. Four minutes later it was York again, this time with Carson's left foot from 30 yards which gave the visitor's the lead going into the break. On the hour mark, Lee Brown's free kick found Matt Harrold head which gave Rovers an equaliser. Rovers took the lead for the first time in the match with Micheal Smith's cross which was headed in by Chris Beardsley. The home side thought they had won it, but in the 86th minute Oyebanjo's cross was spilled which gave Wes Fletcher an easy tap in to give the visitors a replay next week.

Aberdeen 1-3 Hearts

Pittodrie Stadium, Attendance 13940

Niall McGinn gave the home side the lead after 25 minutes when Barry Robson's corner missed everyone it gave McGinn a shot from 10 yards out. Aberdeen were pilling on the pressure but Hearts defended brilliantly. But after several penalty claims wrongly not given, the dons were given a penalty for what looked like the ball had hit his back McGinn stepped up and his shot was easily saved by Jamie McDonald. The turning point came after 55 minutes when Barry Robson was booked for a second time and was subsequently sent-off. On 66 minutes, Danny Wilson's through ball came to Jamie Walker who found his way around the defence to give Hearts an equaliser. 8 minutes later, Walker's run into the box led to his cutback to Paterson who fired it into the top corner. In added time Hearts caught the ten men on the break and Ryan Stevenson scored a fantastic goal from the edge of the box.
MoTM: Jamie Walker

No comments: