Friday, 20 December 2013

Games of the Week - 14-15th December

This weeks games of the week are:

  1. Manchester City vs Arsenal (Barclays Premier League)
  2. Kilmarnock vs Dundee United (Scottish Premiership)

Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal

Ethiad Stadium

Inform Aguero opened the scoring after 14 minutes as he volleyed past Szcensny. Arsenal equalised as Ozil's cut back found Theo Walcott after 31 minutes whose shot was deflected in of Demichelis' head to make it 1-1. Seven minutes later, City retook the lead as Alvaro Negredo taps in Zabletta's low cross. At the start of the second half, Fernandinho curled the ball into the top corner to give him his first goal for the club. After the hour mark some great play from Ozil and Ramsay gave Walcott his second and reduced the deficit to one. City put their lead back to two after 66 minutes as Navas' cross found the unmarked Silva who headed in. Two minutes from time Fernadinho scored his second as he and Nasri caught out the pressing Arsenal defence in a counter attack Nasri's cutback to the Brazilian led to him beating Mertesacker and poking the ball over the Polish goalkeeper. After 94 minutes, Arsenal got their third as Sagna's corner found Mertesacker who headed in from close range. More Drama as James Milner was fouled in the box and Toure converting the penalty to be the last kick of the ball in a true classic in Manchester.

Kilmarnock 1-4 Dundee United

Rugby Park, Att 3452

The first chance in the match was Ryan Gauld's free kick which was saved by Samson at the near post. 18 minutes in, Gabriel Rubin was booked for a rash challenge on Stuart Armstrong, 5 minutes later he was at it again; this time he cynically tripped Armstrong and Rubin was booked again and subsequently sent off. The Tannidice side did not make their numerical advantage count until the hour mark when some great passing play from Armstrong and Robertson was finished off by Keith Watson from 6 yards. Dundee United made it 2 as Stuart Armstrong's run strolled past the Killie defence and past Cammy Bell for a great individual piece of skill after 73 minutes. Stuart Armstrong was involved again as his shot just inside the box was stopped but gave Ryan Gauld an easy tap in. Kris Boyd got one back as he headed the oncoming cross in past Cierzniak in the 89th minute. However United had the final say as after 94 minutes David Goodwillie scored his second league goal in his second spell at Tannadice as he fooled the defence to slot home from 14 yards out.

MotM: Stuart Armstrong

No comments: